Friday, September 19, 2008

Going to the hospital

6 a.m. on the 25th I was wide awake ready to go. My bag had been packed for weeks, waiting by the door. 6:30 I told Eric it was time to get up, he did not want to get out of bed. "Come on we need to go to the hospital to have a baby!" Eric just said" It's to early!" On the road by 7:00 we arrived at the hospital by 7:45. Both mothers had been called and we sat in the waiting room, guess who complained that he could have been in bed. Claire arrived ready to greet her new grandson. So here I lay at 9:00 after an hour of filling out paper work. I was ready to go......Dr. Bason -Mitchell was late, what's new about that. 10:15 Eric was let into the surgery room. To soothe my nerves Eric sang "Tainted love" to me. Apparently the beeping of the heart monitor reminded him of a Levi's commercial...So I got tainted love. The Dr. asked "tell me when you feel the first cut" . She announced I was to late they were in. I heard the Dr. say there's his butt, 10:47 he was out. Eric was with him the whole way. 6lbs 6oz 19.5 inches long. We had our beautiful baby boy.

No comments: